In the Realm of PN1997

Friday, April 08, 2005

Introduction

I have be toying with the idea of starting a blog to promote the films and services offered here at Connelly Library at La Salle University in Philadelphia. It wasn't until I found myself hanging out with some serious bloggers at the March 2005 Computers in Libraries Conference that I was newly inspired to give it a serious try. If you don't know who you are, check out the list of other blogs at the right. And if I have forgotten anyone, let me know and I'll add you.

I've decided to focus on three areas:

1) promoting the services offered in the Media Services Department at Connelly Library

2) discussing films, film history or any other cinematic topics my heart desires

3) promoting and discussing aspects of Media Librarianship.

In my previous musings about starting a blog, I always felt I was going into it a bit haphazard. No more. Thanks to Michael Stephens' excellent list of the 10 things he learned as a Blogging Librarian, I feel like I now have an approach.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home